Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why Ipads?

Ipads are all the rave these days and other tablets as well.  I am still trying to figure out what all the hype is about.  It may be because I don't have one or haven't really used one that I just don't get it.

From what I understand the Ipad does not have the same capabilities as a normal computer or laptop, yet in some cases you are paying twice as much! I understand it is an Apple product and those are not cheap.  I do not see the logic in investing in an Ipad when it cannot do as much as my laptop.  I have heard people say they would rather an Ipad than a laptop, why?  Having both okay I suppose I can see a convenience factor for the Ipad, but still there is not enough going for it that I would invest in one.

I see people use them for entertaining their children...that seems like a really delicate and expensive toy to me.

Personally if my laptop can do what an Ipad can plus more, and only cost half the price, why do I need anything else?

Will Apple eventually upgrade the ipad to where it does what a computer can?  Maybe.  At that point would it be anything more than a small slim touchscreen computer?

Just some thoughts on technology I don't totally understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment